Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Mini Book of Job Post

I am still working through the fallout from the car accident. I am tracking down insurance companies, renting cars, and making chiropractor appointments. In addition, I had a downturn with a customer over code quality, and I misplaced paperwork that I needed to fill out to help a friend. In the broader picture of peoples' troubles, these do not add up to much. Nevertheless, in my bed as the night closed in I began to fret.

"But no one says, 'Where is God, my Creator, who gives songs in the night?'" -- We cannot seek the song, we have to seek the Creator. As I tossed in my bed, I kept wanting the song and needed to keep directing my soul to the Creator. This entailed a willingness to forego the song and keep the pain, because He is the one thing of value above it all. He is God, my Creator. If the song in the night is to be a gift, we cannot demand it as a right. The song is a gift, only if He is free to not give. We are to ask "Where is God?" not "Where is the song?"

He gave me the song. Today, I still have insurance issues and customer issues and friendship issues. I have much humility to wear today. But I have the song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home